- This event has passed.
Sail&Learn Summer School
9. srpnja 2016. @ 08:00 - 16. srpnja 2016. @ 17:00
Sail&Learn offers a seven – day cruise along the southern Croatian coast with a top educational program in Management, (Survival) Leadership, and Business worth 5 ECTS points (3 credits). The program takes place on a sailing boat that goes from the Trogir to the islands and finishes its’ route in Split during the Ultra Festival 2016!
The program takes place on various sites along the coast and the islands. Each day will be an opportunity to explore a different sight, island and secluded beach where students will work on their assignments and projects. Each activity will be followed by evaluation, self-evaluation and individual and group feedback.
There will be four teams of students. Each day teams will be given a Daily Team Assignment that they will have to fulfill. These assignments will address their leadership and teamwork skills. They are a part of the Survival Leadership component of the educational program.
Each team will have to fulfill at least two out of three tasks during the program.
The tasks will include a business project, an ecological project and a tourism/hospitality management project. All projects will focus on student exploration of the area we visit during the program (all the islands). Students will have mentors and guides to help them.
Specific goals of the program’s educational component:
– Developing awareness of different leadership styles and approaches
– Developing leadership skills
– Developing communication skills in teams
– Taking on responsible team roles
– Using problem – solving skills in stressful situations
– Evaluating team efficiency
– Developing awareness on the importance of self – evaluation
– Creating a Business Plan