Researcher for the EU4Dual Croatian project team
University of Applied Sciences PAR (Rijeka, Croatia) is looking for a researcher experienced in project management, familiar with providing empirical research and has a publications record in social sciences.
This year UAS PAR has become a member of the EU4Dual consortium. The consortium’s mission is to use transnational dual education, a model involving close collaboration between students, academics and business stakeholders, to help Europe address significant societal challenges.
The consortium strives to become the top-quality global reference for dual education. It is planned to form the largest integrated dual-education institution in the world – a multi-campus, multi-disciplinary institution committed to close integration between academia, industry and regions.
As a part of this prominent consortium, we want to bring to our team a perspective and highly motivated researcher and project manager who will work with our national team and closely collaborate with the international EU4Dual consortium.
Mandatory qualifications and competencies
- R2 – established researcher or late postdoctoral researcher
- PhD in the economy, educational sciences, pedagogy, sociology, psychology or other relevant social sciences discipline or the interdisciplinary field
- Experienced in project management
- Experienced in organising and providing empirical research
- Excellent skills in quantitative methodology – proven by published research papers, policy papers or book publications
- Proficient SPSS user
- B2/C1 level of English (IELTS or Toefl test)
- Experience in higher education teaching on BA and MA levels (the person will spend 15-20% of the working time involved in teaching)
- Familiarised with the dual education system in Europe
- Knowledge of the Croatian language
- 3 years full-time position with possible extension
- Yearly defined amount for professional development programs and conference participation
- In-house training
- Office with all necessary equipment
- If the person is not from Rijeka or Croatia, possibility to stay in the institutional apartment while finding accommodation (1-month max)
- Remote work is an option for negotiating
Candidates interested in applying for the position should send their documents online to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10th, 2023.
The subject of your application email should be EU4Dual Researcher Application.
If you have questions or need clarification related to the position, you can ask them until January 5th 2023. Contact associate professor Marko Turk, PhD, the vice-dean for research and international cooperation, directly via email email@example.com.
- CV in Europass format (no more than 4 pages)
- A track record of publications
- Motivational letter (no more than 1 page)
- PhD diploma copy
- Two letters of recommendation